Frequently Asked Questions
(1) Hey Cate, in what order should I read the Alaia Chronicles series?
Excellent question. The first two novels (The Source of Magic and Kismet's Kiss) were written to be stand-alones, so either one can be read first. My personal favorite of the two is Kismet's Kiss, but there's a bit of continuity to pick up if you read The Source of Magic first, and some people prefer that.
Then, if you haven't already, read The Legends of Alaia Bundle. Technically those two stories are prequels by a couple of millennia, but some will enjoy them more once they know why the heroes in them relate to the world of the novels.
But you know what? It's all good. Read 'em the way you like. 🙂
By the way, I have a story in development that occurs chronologically between Source and Kiss. The Princess of Magic has driven me right up the wall (or off my fydd) for years, but someday I will finish and publish it (after I wrestle it to the ground and hogtie it with some magic ropes). And like the others, it will be a stand-alone that can be read in any order.
(2) I notice you've changed your book covers. Is there somewhere I can see all your old and new covers?
Yep! Head over to my Book Covers I Love and Miss post for all the cover changes through August 2013 and some commentary on them all. Though the current ones aren't shown there, I love them even more.
(3) What other books and stories are you writing?
The Hearts of Olympika fantasy romance series is AMAZING and is on its way! Subscribe to my newsletter to be notified as each book is released AND get secret stories just for subscribers.
(4) How do you pronounce your name?
Remember “Row-row-row your boat”? Row-un.
(5) Do you have room for more beta readers or do you have a street team I could join?
Yep to both! Come join my Magical Minions. 🙂
(6) Do you ever give talks for readers or workshops for writers?
Absolutely! I do a few each year and I love them. Contact me if you're interested in an in-person workshop, a bookstore reading, or even a Zoom chat with your book club. I look forward to meeting you.
(7) Do you offer review copies or ARCs for bloggers/reviewers?
I welcome reviews from readers at vendor websites (my Magical Minions team gets early review copies) as well as from professional reviewers. If you're a blogger or professional reviewer interested in receiving a review copy, please contact me with the following information:
- The title you want to review
- Your name
- A link to your review blog, website, or your previous reviews at your favorite review site.
Have any other questions for me? I love hearing from readers! Drop me a line and I'll be happy to answer.